How to Select a Teaching Degree School near Blue Jay 92317
One of the most important decisions that you can make when entering the teaching profession is to choose the right teaching degree program near Blue Jay CA. And because it is such a critical decision, high school graduates or future graduates must carefully evaluate the schools they are interested in attending. It is not enough to base a decision on proximity to your residence or the cost of tuition, although these are relevant factors to take into consideration. There are other important questions that you must ask as well before choosing a school, which we will cover in detail later. Prospective teachers may consider a wide range of degree programs and training options to qualify for positions that provide various levels of education to both adolescents and adults. And in order to pursue a teaching position beyond the preschool level in the United States, teachers must possess at least a bachelor’s degree, and obtain state-issued certification or licensure. These are qualifications that we will also cover in more detail shortly. So first, let’s talk a little bit about the degree options that are available for aspiring educators.
Degree Options for Educators
Most of the available teaching positions in Blue Jay CA primary and secondary schools require that applicants have earned at least a bachelor’s degree to qualify. However, an individual with an interest in an entry level teaching position may qualify with just a two-year Associates Degree. The opportunities would be mostly limited to pre-school teaching positions, or positions as a teacher’s aide or a child care worker. Following are some brief descriptions of the opportunities available for education graduates with higher degrees.
- Bachelor’s Degree. As previously mentioned, a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required in order to teach kindergarten through the 12th Most Bachelor’s Degree programs for future educators require an internship to gain practical experience in the field.
- Master’s Degree. There are two primary options available for a teaching degree, the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) and the Master’s in Education (M.Ed). The MAT is geared more towards those who desire a hands on teaching experience, while the M.Ed is for those with an interest in working for the education system outside of the classroom, for example in Administration.
- Doctorate Degree. The highest degree that an educator can earn within his or her field is a Doctor of Education or a Ph.D. in Education, which is a qualification to pursue employment in academia, research, and high-level administration jobs.
Although most teaching positions in the U.S. only require an applicant to possess a four-year degree, some Blue Jay CA teachers pursue a master’s or even a doctorate degree in order to acquire a greater understanding of teaching, or to qualify for higher-paying jobs such as administrative positions. They may even pursue a higher degree simply to earn more respect from their peers. Depending on the degree program, a graduate student may conduct research; receive specialized training; or simply expand his or her knowledge of a specific field of teaching.
Teacher Certification and Licensing
If you are planning on a career teaching within the Blue Jay CA public schools system, know that in the United States you will need to become licensed in California or the State where you will be employed. On the contrary, most private schools do not require educators to become licensed or even certified. Licensing requirements vary by State, but typically includes passing one or more certification or skill based tests. In most States the Praxis exams are used for certification, but some States do require their own State specific exams instead. Each State also has continuing education or professional development requirements for teachers to renew their licenses.
Attending an Education Degree School in Blue Jay California?
Perhaps you live near Blue Jay CA or have decided to relocate or commute to that area. Following is some interesting background information about the location of your new school campus.
Toronto Blue Jays
The Toronto Blue Jays are a Canadian professional baseball team based in Toronto, Ontario. The Blue Jays compete in Major League Baseball (MLB) as a member club of the American League (AL) East division. The team plays its home games at the Rogers Centre.
The "Blue Jays" name originates from the bird of the same name, and blue is also the traditional colour of two of Toronto's other professional sports teams: the Maple Leafs (ice hockey) and the Argonauts (Canadian football). In addition, the team was originally owned by the Labatt Brewing Company, makers of the popular beer Labatt's Blue. Colloquially nicknamed the "Jays", the team's official colours are royal blue, navy blue, red, and white. An expansion franchise, the club was founded in Toronto in 1977. Originally based at Exhibition Stadium, the team began playing its home games at the SkyDome upon its opening in 1989. Since 2000, the Blue Jays have been owned by Rogers Communications and in 2004, the SkyDome was purchased by that company, which renamed it Rogers Centre. They are the second MLB franchise to be based outside the United States, and currently the only team based outside the U.S. after the first Canadian franchise, the Montreal Expos, became the Washington Nationals in 2005.
In the late 1970s and early 1980s, the Blue Jays went through struggles typical of an expansion team, frequently finishing in last place in its division. In 1983, the team had its first winning season and two years later, they became division champions. From 1985 to 1993, they were an AL East powerhouse, winning five division championships in nine seasons, including three consecutive from 1991 to 1993. During that run, the team also became back-to-back World Series champions in 1992 and 1993, led by a core group of award-winning All-Star players, including Hall of Famer Roberto Alomar, Joe Carter, John Olerud, and Devon White. The Blue Jays became the first (and, to date, only) team outside the US to appear in and win a World Series, and the fastest AL expansion team to do so, winning in its 16th year. After 1993, the Blue Jays failed to qualify for the playoffs for 21 consecutive seasons, until clinching a playoff berth and division championship in 2015. The team clinched a second consecutive playoff berth in 2016, after securing an AL wild card position. Both years, the Jays won the AL Division Series but lost the AL Championship Series.
Questions to Ask Teacher Education Programs
Prior to selecting a teaching degree program to enroll in, there are a few questions that you need to ask to ensure you pick the best one for your career objectives in Blue Jay CA. As we mentioned previously, the location of the school as well as the cost are important considerations when weighing your options, but they should not be the only ones you consider. Following are some additional questions that must be asked before making a final decision.
- Are the Schools and Programs Accredited? Graduating from an accredited teacher school not only provides an assurance that you have received a quality education, but may also be an asset when securing that first teaching position.
- Are the Programs Recognized by the Dept. of Education? In order to be a more sought after job candidate, make sure that the program you enroll in is recognized by the California Department of Education, or by the State where you will be teaching.
- Do the Programs have High Employment Rates? Find out what percentage of graduates are employed in their field, particularly in their chosen specialty, and on average how soon after graduation.
- Does the School Offer Your Chosen Specialty? Naturally you will want to choose an education degree school that offers your chosen specialty. Make sure that it also offers advanced degrees if you are planning on continuing your education at the graduate level.
- Do the Programs Work with Local School Districts? Programs that work with local school districts afford their students more opportunities to secure student teaching positions. It also gives students an opportunity to showcase their talents locally prior to pursuing teaching positions upon graduation.
- Are Scholarships Offered? Find out if the programs you are interested in offer scholarships that can make your education more affordable and minimize the need for student loans.
- Do the Schools Provide Licensing Exam Preparation? Graduates must become State Certified and Licensed prior to accepting any public teaching positions. Make sure that the school you enroll in helps prepare you for the exams required by California or the
State where you will be employed.
- Do the Schools Help Graduates Find Employment? Finally, once you graduate from teaching school you will no doubt be anxious to secure your first position. Find out if the schools have job assistance programs, including job placement and interview and resume preparation programs.
Enroll in the Right Teacher Degree School near Blue Jay California
Teaching is a rewarding profession that provides an opportunity for educators to help develop young minds for their betterment and future success. Having that kind of influence on adolescents and young adults is something that requires the proper education and training. Make sure that when you are reviewing your education degree options that you ask the right questions so that you can make an informed comparison and final decision. And once you have made your commitment and enrolled in a degree program, you can begin your journey to become a teacher in Blue Jay CA.
More Interesting Locations in California
Business Results 1 - 10 of 957